Saturday, August 12, 2006

Joplin Trail

Saturday Aug 12,
James and I went downhill riding today. We had Tyler drop us off almost at the top of Santiago Peak, where there is a trail called Joplin Trail. It is a very steep, technical single track trail for hiking or mountain biking. James and I have downhill Mountain Bikes, which handle like a dirt bike but without a motor. I would have hated to go down this trail on a regular mountain bike, it's just too rocky and rough. So we rode this trail down, down, down with an occasional little climbing section. Due to being out of shape, and having very heavy bikes, James and I walked our bikes up the hills which were longer than a hundred feet. We had a lot of fun. I wish I had a camera on the actuall trail. The scenery was amazing, which was only noticed on breaks due to very fast riding. We took this Joplin trail and then turned down "The Luge", which dropped us off right at Cook's Corner where we met up with Tyler.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home